Zum Inhalt springen

is sofort mobile verification phishing for my bank account details ?

coinquartz

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi,

My mobile was stolen so I'm trying to change my phone number on bitcoin.de but I'm having to use that sofort verification...

Am I nuts or is this thing actually phishing for my bank logon and password ?????

I'm not able to paste screenshot (insert other media goes to insert existing attachment which is empty ) so I'll just copy paste the text from the sofort site:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bitcoin Deutschland AG

Nordstraße 14
32051 Herford

2.59 €

Back

ING

Card ID

• Home'Bank
  • Business'Bank

1. Insert your ING bank card into the ING Card Reader and press: IDENTIFY
  2. Enter the pin of your ING bank card and press: OK
  3. Enter the number appearing on the ING Card Reader screen, without spaces

After entering your login details, we check whether your account covers the amount to be transferred (verification of sufficient funds) and whether any transactions with Sofort you issued from your account in the last 30 days, if applicable, were successful.

Bearbeitet von coinquartz
phishing not fishing

1) Not all users have picture attachment abilities, so it's not your fault that you cant add a picture
2) You can upload pictures to picture hosters and post the link to the hosted picture here

Anyway, wIth these out of the way, let's check your problem:
I assume you are talking about Sofortüberweisung. This is a german enterprise that provides an online payment system.
In this context i assume Bitcoin.de wants you to verify your ING Bank account with a small payment.

If the payment was successful, Bitcoin.de can be save, that your bank account is valid. You need to have a validated bank account for bitcoin.de.

If your bank account was already validated, then this shouldnt be required, just for changing the phone number.
Changing the phone number should be possible by sending an email to the support.

Thanks for the reply,

Yes I'm talking about Sofortüberweisung. I think having to provide my account details is completely unacceptable (ING was just an example btw not my actual bank).

My account was actually verified 2 weeks ago. I think bitcoin.de sent me a small amount of money with a communication message that I had to paste on their site. I think my bank wasn't supported so I couldn't use sofort.

So my phone got stolen and it had my 2FA (with my email in the label). I disabled it, thinking I could just reenable it and get a new code but bitcoin.de insists on sending a mtan to my previous phone (no possibility to use email). For logging in though, because I don't have to 2FA anymore it automatically sends a mtan to my email... not exactly consistent.

So now I have to register a new phone which is temporary because I'm not in my home country at the moment and won't be for a while. And that's how I ran into this sofort issue. basically they want me to give away my bank account details before allowing me to register a new phone... pretty mindblowing when they could simply do the same as with the bank account registration process.

Of course I can't even transfer the funds because it also wants to send a mtan to my phone but not email.

As for bitcoin.de support I've already mailed them about various things but never even got a reply or a confirmation or a ticket issued. They just remain silent which totally inspires confidence.

I have asked my phone company to block the number but I can ask to have it unblocked (should probably wait for a few months though). I may just do that because dealing with bitcoin.de support is unreliable

Long response times by the support has been reported by other users aswell.
I think they have to deal with the same issue like any other crypto-portal atm of being overrun be new people, caused by the crypto hype.

I would advice you to contact bitcoin.de via phone the next working day:
Telefon: 05221 8541125 (if you phone from outside of germany it's 49 5221 851125)

Also i can give you an hint:
If you've an android phone, you can use the android app syncronisation function to restore the google authenticator settings.
This can save you some time when you've finally managed to get the whole phone number thing sorted out.

best wishes & gl

Bearbeitet von bartio