Zum Inhalt springen

Is it true that most of the altcoins will not survive the next cryptocurrency apocalypse?

ijazkhan01

Empfohlene Beiträge

"use case" != "use"

Often it's just a lot of marketing. Don't rely on marketing.

DYOR - only with your own research you will see, that even real use (Dash) is not a warranty für high rates.

It's the technology behind the coin that keeps it alive. Just copy github code and change parameters is not enough. Also ERC20-Token are more likely to die.

• Love it 1

vor 8 Stunden schrieb ijazkhan01:

What about newer cryptocurrencies with actual use cases. I think having actual uses will help these cryptos to maintain their price and have a healthy demand in the market. This might also help them survive the market shift. Do you think so?

Yes it could be. But also BTC has no real Usecase, it´s too slow for Payments, slow for technical applications and so on.

Most Altcoins are simple, secure / private, and very fast. Plus they have specialized usecases for industry / privacy / payment / micropayment. But most of them are small projects with small teams and they dont have the power to grow in this bearish market now. But many of them are still very active, so i´m sure that there will be some strong projects after this bearish phase.

Bitcoin will be the grandfather, will have a piece of our heart, but you know that the children will be the future.

• Like 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb battlecore:

Yes it could be. But also BTC has no real Usecase, it´s too slow for Payments, slow for technical applications and so on.

I have a different opinion.

Bitcoin is way more secure than any other cryptocurrency.
Bitcoin is the most decentralised cryptocurrency.
Bitcoin is the one and only cryptocurrency with no CEO.

It doesn't matter if a payment for a loaded oil tanker is confirmed within 2 seconds or ten minutes. It's more important that the payment is secured in the blockchain backed with huge server hashrate and not able to get stolen.

Also Bitcoin payments can be private - just don't tell anybody that the address you pay from is yours.

And Bitcoin payments are way simpler when any other blockchain payments.

Micropayments have a low value, so they can transferred via any other blockchain or third party payment service. It usually doesn't matter if micropayments gone away.

But whoever wants to be sure that his payment is safe in his wallet, he would pay for this safety concern. For huge payments in the millions of USD it's not unlikely to pay hundreds of USD to ensure they are safe.

Bearbeitet von Jokin
  • Love it 1
  • Like 1

Ok "Big Payment" maybe BTC-Domain. But thats not Massmarket. The Massmarket is Micropayment, people who make your dayli or weekly shopping, fuel, clothes and so on. I dont think that you want to wait minimum 10 Minutes or more if you buy some Cake or a Coffe to go.

You think that BTC is secure, yes, if you talk about decentralization in way of 51% attacks. But thats nothing the people think about. They dont know about that.

People think about privacy. They dont understand that in a blockchain everything is open and visible and not reverseable or deleteable. Tell your Neighbour or Uncle that everyone can see your actions is THAT horrible thing for them. Most of peaople i know who buy or trade some coins dont know that, some stimm believing they can delete their account on an exchange and their adresses will deleted too. And they dont know that everyone can see their transactions. Crazy. But true.

vor 42 Minuten schrieb battlecore:

Ok "Big Payment" maybe BTC-Domain. But thats not Massmarket. The Massmarket is Micropayment, people who make your dayli or weekly shopping, fuel, clothes and so on. I dont think that you want to wait minimum 10 Minutes or more if you buy some Cake or a Coffe to go.

Do you pay your coffee with credit card? Why I should do this?

vor 42 Minuten schrieb battlecore:

You think that BTC is secure, yes, if you talk about decentralization in way of 51% attacks. But thats nothing the people think about. They dont know about that.

The mass market is not in the focus of Bitcoin.

Bitcoin can be used all around the world. USD can't. Why should everybodys coffee paid with a transaction that is stored forever? That does not make any sense.

vor 45 Minuten schrieb battlecore:

Tell your Neighbour or Uncle that everyone can see your actions is THAT horrible thing for them.

You know my transactions? No, you don't.
I know your transactions? No, I don't.

What's your concern?

vor 46 Minuten schrieb battlecore:

And they dont know that everyone can see their transactions. Crazy. But true.

Everybody can see you walking on the street ... but usually nobody knows who you are if you don't tell him.

And if anybody ask you for yout name, than tell him each time a different name. That's fine.

• 2 Wochen später...
Am 21.1.2020 um 11:23 schrieb Jokin:

Do you pay your coffee with credit card? Why I should do this?

The mass market is not in the focus of Bitcoin.

Bitcoin can be used all around the world. USD can't. Why should everybodys coffee paid with a transaction that is stored forever? That does not make any sense.

You know my transactions? No, you don't.
I know your transactions? No, I don't.

What's your concern?

Everybody can see you walking on the street ... but usually nobody knows who you are if you don't tell him.

And if anybody ask you for yout name, than tell him each time a different name. That's fine.

Well, I’m traveling a lot and yes I do pay my coffee with a kind of credit card... say what?  I’ve got a toolchain to pay my coffee eventually with crypto funds. The final payment is being conducted with Apple Pay, coupled to an account, coupled to some crypto funds. I simply activate my watch and pay. 

But this isn’t the point. For my five pence BTC is the only CC I can trust even with (for me) high amount of value. This is MY UseCase and as long I don’t get disappointed I will stay with BTC. 

If I need more privacy there is ways of circumnavigate the tracking of my payments and cash is a perfect way if I want to use it. 

i don’t give a damn about the mass market and traders gossip. 

And yes... most of the Altcoins are not going to survive. 

cheerio

• 1 Monat später...
On 1/21/2020 at 6:51 AM, koiram said:

I think apart from Bitcoin BTC, Ether ETH and Cardano ADA will survive, and Dash, BNB and Doge too.
And yes - in my opinion most altcoins will become worthless and / or disappear in the future.

I agree. Even I think these ones would survive the market move.

• Thanks 1