Zum Inhalt springen

Need help regarding S9 Bitminer Fan Control

philman3906

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi All
I am trying to put together a S9 Bitminer '19" Rack Box' that is removed from the normal Antminer rig/box.
I want to reassemble the bitminer into a 19" rack box and use my own fans so that the noise is reduced.
To avoid a whole lot of questions, I will try explain my plan properly and hopefully I don't leave anything out.
I have a BSc Electronic Engineering qualification (although I am now a programmer and don't use my degree in my career), so I am familiar with all general electronic terminology and should understand any technical explanations without too much confusion....let's hope!
I have not yet bought the S9 Bitminer and have no experience mining Bitcoin, I am just investigating the options and possibilities. The cost of electricity is negligible in my case which makes the mining very feasible, else I would not be doing this!!!
I would like to reassemble the S9 Bitminer into a 19" rack case and use my own quieter 12V fans, probably many of them!!
Does the control board of the Bitminer require the fans connected as I could just run the fans at full speed all the time?
I noticed that the Bitminer monitoring software appears to monitor the fans, is there any way around this as long as the boards do not overheated?
The room this 19" rack will go in, is controlled down to about 15'C so cooling is made a little easier.
I will no doubt have many more questions, but this appears my first stumbling block.
Any help is massively appreciated.