Zum Inhalt springen

Bought 1 BTC, when can I expect it on my account?

animalzam

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi all,

I have to questions and would very much appreciate if someone could provide me with some insight.

Question #1:

I bought 1 BTC some ~30 hours ago from a guy with Silver rating. I confirmed the transaction and did everything as asked from me. The money is long gone from my account, too. Payment method: SEPA.

However, I still haven't received the coin that I bought. I am not sure if the guy received my money (he should have by now for sure). Also, I am wondering if he can just take my money without doing anything - basically steal it from me, without confirming the transaction.

-Any idea when can I expect the BTC that I bought?

-Why do transactions take so long?

Question #2 (non-related to above):

If I purchased 1 BTC from someone and paid by mistake twice for it (=double price of the BTC), can I expect to get back the money which I sent mistakenly to my bank account or is it lost now? I tried to stop the 2nd transaction but it was too late. Also, I have talked to my account manager at the bank and they say that they might be able to get my money back. They cant guarantee and I have to pay a fee for this service.

-Any advice regarding this?

I tried sending a message to the seller (on the trade-details page), got no answer.

Many thanks for assistance!

Good luck with gains from BTC's!

Kind regards,

animalzam

Bearbeitet von animalzam

Hi all,

I have to questions and would very much appreciate if someone could provide me with some insight.

Question #1:

I bought 1 BTC some ~30 hours ago from a guy with Silver rating. I confirmed the transaction and did everything as asked from me. The money is long gone from my account, too. Payment method: SEPA.

However, I still haven't received the coin that I bought. I am not sure if the guy received my money (he should have by now for sure). Also, I am wondering if he can just take my money without doing anything - basically steal it from me, without confirming the transaction.

-Any idea when can I expect the BTC that I bought?

-Why do transactions take so long?

Question #2 (non-related to above):

If I purchased 1 BTC from someone and paid by mistake twice for it (=double price of the BTC), can I expect to get back the money which I sent mistakenly to my bank account or is it lost now? I tried to stop the 2nd transaction but it was too late. Also, I have talked to my account manager at the bank and they say that they might be able to get my money back. They cant guarantee and I have to pay a fee for this service.

-Any advice regarding this?

I tried sending a message to the seller (on the trade-details page), got no answer.

Many thanks for assistance!

Good luck with gains from BTC's!

Kind regards,

animalzam

well if you bought bitcoins and confirmed that you send the money it takes a few days maybe just 1 depends on which kind (sepa or normal transaction) till the money arrives on the sellers bank account and then he have to confirm that he got the money from the verified bank account of you and then you get your coins within a few minutes or maybe hours depends on the traffic

and with this double payment well you can ask if he gives you the 2nd payment back else you are screwed and maybe need to get it back in some other way of him...

well if you bought bitcoins and confirmed that you send the money it takes a few days maybe just 1 depends on which kind (sepa or normal transaction) till the money arrives on the sellers bank account and then he have to confirm that he got the money from the verified bank account of you and then you get your coins within a few minutes or maybe hours depends on the traffic

and with this double payment well you can ask if he gives you the 2nd payment back else you are screwed and maybe need to get it back in some other way of him...

I appreciate your insight, many thanks!

I have kindly asked the seller if he would send the 2nd payment back to me, or if I could buy another coin from him for that money - whatever is more convenient.

Most of the people here were nice and kind, I hope that this guy is a gentleman :)

in case he is not you can report him in this forum and we put him on our blacklist...does not help you but maybe others ^^

I truly hope that it wont be necessary, but I will make sure to do as you said if he decides just to ignore me and take my money.

It would be really lame if he doesn't send the money back since I can most likely get it back via reclamation from my bank/acc.manager anyway. That would cost me some money, and it would also be a waste of time... But I know his name and bank details, so it should be fine.