Zum Inhalt springen

Eurozone and English: Is CoinForum.de more appropriate than BitcoinTalk.org?

bear

Empfohlene Beiträge

Say, I want to ask something like this: https://www.coinforum.de/topic/3940-cheapest-trustworthy-place-to-buy-bitcoin-for-eur-vs-place-to-sell-bitcoins-for-highest-eur-price/

BitcoinTalk.org, though they speak English, they do not have region specific sub-forums, like a sub-forum for the Eurozone, 19 or so countries, where quite a few people speak English as a second language, expect for tiny Ireland (where it is considered first language).

Germany is the largest economy in the Eurozone, so even if I am not German but want some Eurozone specific bitcoin talk, a Germany specific forum might be a good start.

BitcoinTalk.org has language specific sub-forums (like talking about bitcoin in the German language), but not region specific sub-forums like talking about bitcoin in the Eurozone or Geramny, but in English.

If I ask the above, Eurozone-related question in the general section of the BitcoinTalk forums, it will not be very well targeted to BitcoinTalk forum members of Eurozone countries, most will be Americans. And UK-ish.

This is all bonkers, if I have to come to the German forum to talk bitcoin-Eurozone in English. What do you think?  ;)

Bearbeitet von bear

I'm not familiar with reddit, I couldn't find any local threads at the links you gave.

I think you missed the OP's point: he is searching for local information, but not in the local language. Would be nice if all europeans could discuss european problems in english!

i know that we are ONE europe - but there are still borders  ;) imho he will not find what he is asking for - but reddit could help him getting answers to/for/of his upcoming questions because we are also ONE world :)

Bearbeitet von boardfreak

i know that we are ONE europe - but there are still borders 

He is not talking about Europe, he is talking about the Eurozone, that's a difference. ;)

Bitcoin is international but there are also local issues. And local issues are usually discussed in the local language by the people who are concerned about the topic. And I won't consider anything about Europe as local. You can't compare the Eurozone or the EU with something like the United States. There are much more differences between the countries in Europe. So talking about Bitcoin in the Eurozone would be talking international. So I agree with freak, you won't find what you are looking for.

I don't see your problem. If you want to talk about issues regarding the Eurozone you can do that in english here or at bitcointalk.org. Just use a proper topic title to attract the proper audience. I don't think there is any place, where you will just find european bitcoiners. We are global! :P